Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Suspect Killed Because Woman 'Was White'

Who writes headlines these days? They all suck. Is it just me or does this one make it sound like the suspect was killed? Shouldn't it be "Suspect Killed Woman because she 'was white'?" That makes more sense to me.

Anyway, I'm tired of stupid headlines. Yesterday I saw one that said something like "Dennis Menaces Gulf Coast." Why do these people think they're so clever? Like these people who do the sports scores on the radio and say things like "Redskins scalp the Giants" or "Eagles soar past the Vikings." Shut up.

Posted by

2 comments:

maurinsky said...

There was a headline in the sports section of our local paper which said "O's hit blah, blah, blah" - the rest of the headline doesn't matter, what matters is that my local paper had a sports headline that started with the words "O shit"

Anonymous said...

I worked in newspapers in the mid-90's; you wouldn't believe some of the morons they promote to be section editors. There are some good ones, but the majority are wage-slave hacks, which is why ridiculous, "cutesey" headlines like that end up in print.