Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday Night Name that Song

As part of the franchise I'm creating of [Blank] Night Name that [Blank], shamelessly stolen from inspired by Shakespeare's Sister, try to name these songs randomly chosen from whatever crappy music I happen to have on my computer. Guess them all and you may win a prize.*

1. The old man then prepares To die regretfully That old man here is me
2. Little did he know I had a loaded 12 gauge One sucker dead, LA Times first page
3. Our manager's crazy he always smokes dust He's got his own room at the back of the bus
4. I'll search the whole world for that special girl when I finally find you watch our love unfurl
5. You're all the things I've got to remember You're shying away I'll be coming for you anyway
6. Hey I don't know Just tell me where to begin cause I never ever Felt so much
7. Word to your moms I came to drop bombs I got more rhymes than the bible's got psalms
8. You can get with this, or you can get with that I think you'll get with this, for this is where it's at
9. This year Halloween fell on a weekend Me and [edited to avoid making it to easy] are trick-or-treating
10. Hoe, bend over and spread ya butt cheeks Let a nigga see them guts, freak!



* There is no prize.

Posted by

9 comments:

Eryn said...

I'm bored and the first one here, so I am gonna play.
1-is Metallica-unforgiven
2-Nwa(EZ E) Boys in the hood
3-Beastie boys-no sleep till brooklyn.
6-why can't this be love , van Halen (thank Steve for that..I never would have gotten it..)
7-Jump around! (yay.) House of Pain

Anonymous said...

How the hell is something like no 10 on our laptop???

I guess we need netnanny on this thing too.

Anonymous said...

eryn, those are all correct, although, it's actually boyz n the hood, but I'll give it to you.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with #10? That's a good song.

Anonymous said...

4. I Need Love by LL Cool J
5 was killing me so I had to look it up. I should have got it though. They just did a parody on Family Guy, hilarious.

Anonymous said...

4 is correct, Chris. And yes, you should have gotten 5, I'm disappointed that you didn't.

Melissa McEwan said...

I didn't know any of them, except LL Cool J. I suck at this.

This reminds me of when I was the editor of the paper in high school, and I always used to review Morrissey and James and Bowie albums etc., and kids used to send letters to the editor demanding that I review Poison and Wilson Phillips.

Anonymous said...

Wilson Phillips? That must have been a really cool high school.

Anonymous said...

Ok, it appears that Saturday Night Name that Song is a miserable failure as only two people even guessed. I will of course keep it going in the spirit of Law and Order and CSI, but don't expect much effort to be put into it. Also, look for further spinoffs from this franchise in the future. Anyway, the songs that were still not guessed are:

5. Take on Me, but A-Ha
8. The Choice is Yours by The Black Sheep
9. My Mind is Playin' Tricks on Me, by The Geto Boys
10. Shake Watcha Mama Gave Ya, by Poison Clan