Monday, July 25, 2005

Yahoo Buys Maker of 'Widget' Applications

I tried this Konfabulator thing not too long ago after seeing it in a magazine, because the concept sounded really neat, but after actually using it, I wasn't impressed. Fr example, I had a widget to run an application, which would be pretty handy to me, but when using it, it ran so slow that it would have been faster to just go to the Start Menu and find the program. Also, I had one to monitor my laptop battery, which was really neat, but really redundant, since there was already a battery monitor in my taskbar. And I wasn't able to find nearly as many neat widgets as I had expected when I first heard about the software, and the ones I did find all seemed to have some major flaw that made them useless to me. Maybe Yahoo can improve the software or at least make more or better widgets availabe. If so, I might give it another try, because I really thought the concept was neat.

Posted by

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re: your comments in CJ's blog...

:LOFL:

Heh.