Friday, July 08, 2005

Tampabay: Result of the State Attorney's inquiry

This is interesting. I don't know if it's just how I read it, but the tone of this response seems to me like a lecture. It's pretty long, but interesting to read, and points out a lot of the reasons why I've been on the side I have of this issue from the beginning.

Michael Schiavo may have been a terrible person who did terrible things to his wife, who hated her and is glad she is dead. I doubt that, but I don't know, I wasn't there. The point is, that there is absolutely no evidence to suggest any of those things and there is evidence to suggest the opposite. That's why this whole fiasco was so ridiculous from the beginning. People latched on to any accusation made against this poor guy without any evidence to support them whatsoever. It's bad enough that oridinary people who have no business being involved in this family's personal tragedy thought they knew better than all the doctors and judges who have worked on it for years, but it's absolutely disgusting that our Governor stuck his ass into the mess for cheap political points. I'm just glad that the people actually involved in the case were able to tell him the things he should have found out before he got involved in the first place. Hopefully, this is the last we hear on this subject from Jeb Bush, unless it's to apologize to the state for wasting its time, and to Michael Schiavo for publicly questioning his character without any basis to do so. Asshole.

Posted by

2 comments:

Porlock Junior said...

Thank you for this pointer. (And to Shakespeare's Sister for sending me here.) But I take exception to likening the tone of the AG'a report to a lecture, except in the loosest sense. What it expresses is pure exasperation. To quote myself, "Here you can find out how, if you are a lawyer holding a responsible office, speaking with dignity and coherence and full backing of evidence, you pronounce B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T."

Anonymous said...

Yeah, porlock, either way works, I think.